Friday, July 30, 2010

Pumpkin Harvest- I Am So Jealous!

I was both horrified and delighted to read this excerpt from the weekly newsletter at my daughter's school today.

The children were so happy to harvest the first two pumpkins from the garden!  They asked questions about the size, the color, the texture and they decided to cut one to see what was inside – which we did!


What?  My daughter harvested her first pumpkin and I wasn't there to see it?  Why didn't they alert us that such a miraculous event was going to occur today?  They should have put this in the school calendar so I could have planned to be there for the big moment!  This was much more exciting than the pizza party and I got at least five messages about that.


Wait a minute.  Have I gone insane?  It's wonderful that my daughter is learning about growing vegetables and that she has a teacher who encourages her love of gardening.  My daughter has helped us make jack-o-lanterns every year since her birth.  She's seen the inside of a pumpkin many times.  But I still wish I'd been there to watch her pick the pumpkin from it's vine, chop it open, and examine the slimy seeds and gooey flesh inside.  Maybe it's a little crazy, but I can't wait to pick her up and hear what she has to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment